Featured New addition to my cross collection - french jet cross pendant!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by shamster, Jul 3, 2024 at 8:58 AM.

1. shamster

shamster Well-Known Member

Found it on ebay, seller listing as Whitby jet, still good price for such a large example of french jet 1.jpg
    I thought it would go well with my other black glass chain, but unfortunately that loop was designed for ribbon only 2.jpg

2. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Yay! Big! It looks fabulous the way you wear it:woot:
    After decades of non buying crosses as an atheist... I'm now hoarding them:facepalm::hilarious:

3. shamster

They are always a box ticked for me:joyful:

4. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not a cross person either. But I do have a cool rosary in my collection, just 'cause it was pretty!

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is a stunner!:woot::woot:
    Because they were made as religious items, they were made by so many different cultures and periods and in so many different styles, that they are a joolie's dream.:happy:

6. shamster

And aesthetically pleasing for their portion, symmetry and variation:angelic:

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That too.:)

wlwhittier, Bronwen and kyratango like this.
  8. Dessert58

Dessert58 Well-Known Member

Kyratango, idem here. Atheist and years of not buying crosses, and now I have a hoard. And wearing them constantly :hilarious:
    This one is really drool-worthy!
    I usually wear them on a long chain, but at your age/my teenage daughters age it looks lovely close to the neck:happy:

9. shamster

It depends! The delicate ones would go well for a chocker, but for bigger and bolder ones a long chain wrapped twice or more is ideal for a grand display!

10. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

An interesting condor, Kyra...fully how things evolve, ain't it?

kyratango and bercrystal like this.
  11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Not to mention how things migrate. I still remember shipping a Zuni-made cross to Singapore. It was what they called a dragonfly cross, a Lorraine cross to y'all Europeans if I remember correctly.

kyratango and shamster like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted