Need you help with Japan mark identification

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lavrentii, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Lavrentii

Lavrentii Active Member

Hello community!
    Searched by myself, but unlucky could find any information. Please help with this marks.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

Rclinftl and bercrystal like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is Kutani ware, and @916Bulldogs123 is our Kutani expert. He has now been tagged, and I'm sure he'll know your mark.:)

3. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Yes it is Kutani. A generic mark probably dated to first half of 20th Century.
    Pretty teapot.
    Mikey

4. Lavrentii

Lavrentii Active Member

Thank you!!

5. Lavrentii

Lavrentii Active Member

Thanks! I had an idea about Kutani, but marks are so different Thank you again!!! That’s really helpful

916Bulldogs123 and bercrystal like this.
  6. 916Bulldogs123

The closest I could see was Kutani Kato Zo. But my eyes aren't the greatest anymore so maybe someone could verify that on Gotheborg.
    That would put the date 1912-1925 around there.
    Mikey

Lavrentii and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. Lavrentii

Lavrentii Active Member

Thanks a lot, Mikey! I tried to use Google translator with this picture. And translation is “Next to God”. Probably you have any ideas about that meaning?

Attached Files:

8. 916Bulldogs123

I don't know how that translates to it.
    The English translation for Kutani is
    "Nine Valleys "
    Mikey

Bakersgma and Lavrentii like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted