Need some info

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Will Naylor, Apr 15, 2023.

1. Will Naylor

Will Naylor New Member

Hey this is my first post. My wife and I bought this chest of drawers to refinish and upon inspection we found it’s a Thomasville piece. Trouble is I can’t seem to find the piece anywhere. If any of you could give us some info on it that would be great. Thanks

Attached Files:

KSW likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Hi, Will! First off... You'll want to remember to post your photographs as Full Image rather than Thumbnail. That makes them easier for everyone to see. And not to worry; all new members do the exact same thing in their first post.

Debora

B22EDB51-1A4E-4840-A662-C5737F87882F.jpg

Figtree3, KSW, Bakersgma and 2 others like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Will, would/could you post a close-up photograph of the Thomasville marking and any others found on the piece?

Debora

KSW and Will Naylor like this.
  4. Will Naylor

Will Naylor New Member

Sorry and thanks for the advice. Here’s the only marking I could find. 8727F7C6-8D77-4F7D-9260-309F1E77E44F.jpeg

Figtree3, KSW and komokwa like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The reason I asked you to post a photograph of the logo, is that they're often helpful for dating. Brand logos rarely stay static; they often "evolve" over time. Here's a good resource on researching logos and information on the logo stamped on your piece.

https://trademarks.justia.com/721/58/thomasville-72158665.html

Debora

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

You may not find anything unless you find a catalog or advertisement for the line. Thomasville is not really collectible so there is not a lot of information that people are researching and putting out there. It is just used furniture at this point. Looks circa 1970 to my eye. Nice enough lines but a bit too fussy for most MCM enthusiasts.

Draft saved Draft deleted