Featured need help with vase identification

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Phaik Hooi, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

yellow vase1.png yellow vase2.png bright yellow vase closeup.png fluted speckled vase.png fluted top.png fluted red speckled vase.png fluted red top.png pontil iron scar?.png
    dear all

1) bright yellow vase
    it is 8" tall, rim is 2 3/4" and the widest diameter is 3". there is no mark at the bottom.
    2) fluted speckled vase
    it is 7" tall, rim is 3 1/2", base is 3" and handle to handle measures 3 1/2". there is no mark at the bottom but it is rough and was wondering if it could be because it was made using a pontil iron?

any idea when this type of vases were made? and if possible, information on glass companies that would have made them?

tq
    phaik hooi

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

NICE photos! :)
    ~
    Welcome! :)
    Please go back to edit and use the full image button for all your photos up to 10 per post.

Thank you.

Lucille.b and Aquitaine like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

A little more help in case it's needed: This is for if you're on a computer.....

zTutorialForIMAGES2.jpg

4. Phaik Hooi

done
    thank you for your tutorial

5. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

The top one is Czech and identifying a maker is nearly impossible, and quite frankly with that damage, it is worthless.

I'm getting an Asian vibe from the other two.

6. Phaik Hooi

tq. will try to google czech for more information. they belonged to my great grandmother, so just wanted a bit of history :shame:

7. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

All beautiful. :)

yourturntoloveit and judy like this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I like the one with the horses, despite the damage.

9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Me too!

judy and KingofThings like this.
  10. Phaik Hooi

me three! ;)

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted