Featured Need help with pottery flower frogs please. Weller?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Jun 30, 2023.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I am finally getting more of those flower frogs listed that have been hanging around for a while now. :rolleyes::rolleyes::bag:

I have some I have not been able to pinpoint as to the maker.

The first was ID'd on eBay :)rolleyes::rolleyes:) as Weller but before I call it that I want some better confirmation. I did not see it in the Flower Frog reference book or the Weller (Huxford) book I have.

It is 2 1/4" to the top & is 4" across the bottom.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The other one is done in the shape of a duck. It is solid & is done in a greenish-brown mottled glaze. It is 2 1/2" to the top of his head, 4 1/8" long & 2 3/8" across. I thought possibly Roseville on this one but I think the base is too white. BWDIK

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!! :happy::happy::kiss::kiss:

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

That little duck is so cute!!

bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Ditto what Bakers said.

bercrystal likes this.
  4. crowleys

crowleys Well-Known Member

The second duck frog I think is Made in Japan. The first is not Weller. I don't know who made it, but here's a link to the Flower Frog Gazette (about half way down the page) with a photo of the same frog in a yellow glaze. Bonnie Bull author of FLOWER FROGS FOR COLLECTORS doesn't know who made it and she's seen a lot of flower frogs. http://www.bullworks.net/ffg/qa/qa.html

5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@crowleys - Thanks so much for your reply!! :happy::happy::kiss:

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted