Need Help with Italian Living room Set

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by smitty709, Jul 4, 2016.

1. smitty709

smitty709 New Member

Hi all

My parents have what my guess is an old Italian Living Room set. They are moving into a new home and the set is likely to go up for sale. Problem i have is i have no idea the appraisal value of the set. I have a photo of the long sofa and chair. The set includes 2 chairs, love seat,sofa, end tables, and coffee table. Can anyone identify the set and give an approximate value. It's a bit faded but in otherwise good condition.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

lauragarnet likes this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Style is, basically, Rococo but likely from the 50s or 60s. It is over the top for most tastes these days. That said, there is a certain segment of the population that would love this set. They don't reside here in my semi-rural Midwest location but may reside in yours. What I am getting at is that value is really dependent on location and selling venue. This would sell best in a large city and, in particular, in California. I couldn't give this set away but, in the right location, I could see this bringing a few grand.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
    lauragarnet and smitty709 like this.
  3. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

lauragarnet and smitty709 like this.
  4. maryislgal

maryislgal Well-Known Member

Fabulous set !!!!!!!!!!!

lauragarnet likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Its like Im looking at my cuban relatives furniture ! Believe it or not , Ive been seeing more of this stuff popping up on decorating blogs and the like , the young seem to find them amusing . Theres a LOT of it out there , in fact , not far from my house theres a store called Marys Imports that still sells this stuff , and its brand new ! Very well put Brad , but a few grand is overly generous . In fact ...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted