Need Help with Depression Style Child's Tumbler

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Jan 2, 2017.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Folks - Found this little guy in a box lot and haven't made any progress finding an ID. It stands 2" high, 1 1/2" across the top, and 1 1/8" across the base. I suppose it could also be a toothpick. Seems just a little too small for a shot glass. Any help figuring out what this is and who made it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Don

IMG_20170102_111924438.jpg IMG_20170102_111941214.jpg IMG_20170102_111931993.jpg IMG_20170102_111947910.jpg

lauragarnet and KingofThings like this.
  2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

It looks like it COULD be part of the reproduction set of childs dishes for the Mayfair open rose depression pattern. I don't have my book handy to tell for sure, but at first glance, that's what I think it may be.

lauragarnet likes this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

lauragarnet and KingofThings like this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the lead, Bdigger. I'll check it out. It could certainly be a modern piece.
    Don

KingofThings likes this.
  5. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I suggest something to help with scale next time such as a coin. :)

6. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks, Tallcakes, the article was very helpful. Based on the single stem it does appear to be the reproduction shot glass. The one in Bdigger's link also looks like a repro. I appreciate the help everybody! Hi to King - will use the coin next time I've got a small item. Great suggestion.
    Don

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted