Need help with Chinese/Japanese markings on large vase.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Armando0831, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Armando0831

Armando0831 Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg I have always been interested in this vase. I love the mystic storm look to it. The green and blues go very well together I must say. There are markings which or Chinese or Japanese, wish I could tell the difference between the two. Wondering if someone could help out with this.

2. Armando0831

Can someone translate this? I would really like to know what it reads.

3. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it is Chinese. There is a site for Chinese marks (link Below). If you can't find it there, There is a link in the beginning text that will allow you to e-mail him and he may be able to help. It is a beautiful vase. Let us know if you find out something!
    http://www.gotheborg.com/marks/20thcenturychina.shtml

4. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

BTW. I could be totally wrong about it being Chinese, it may be Japanes. The sight I linked also has a section showing Japanese Marks too....so be sure to look there too.

5. Armando0831

Thank you. Looks like I need a cup of coffee for this journey.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  6. Armando0831

I know this is an older thread but I've searched and searched but I just can't seem to find anything. I am hoping that some of the new members or someone might know what this markings say. Thank you in advance.

Draft saved Draft deleted