Need Help with an Imari Cup and Saucer

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Jan 27, 2015.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I bought this cup and saucer at least 2 summers ago, meaning to research it then, but forgot about it until now. The lady they were selling for inventoried all of her things with the price she paid. This cup had a note that said "signed, $100" and her inventory number. What is so special about this cup and saucer that she would pay a hundy for it?
    It is marked on the bottom but I don't know the mark.

It measures: Saucer 5 1/4" diameter; Cup 2" high x 3 1/2" diameter. Thanks for any help.

Attached Files:

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

3. Mat

Mat Well-Known Member

Clutteredcloset49 is right, this is certainly is not Japanese and goes into the direction of English Imari. I also think it is an imitation, though...
    Mat

Draft saved Draft deleted