Need help with age on this small porcelain dish marked Bavaria

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lizzie, Feb 17, 2024.

1. Lizzie

Lizzie All you need is love ...and a dog.

This is a pretty, little porcelain dish with violets and gold trim. It is 6 1/2" handle to handle and 4 1/2" wide. It is only marked Bavaria and the number 37 which I presume to be a pattern number. In my research I found that Bavaria became a separate entity following WWI and by WWII it became part of the Germany Republic. So without a factory mark, do you think this was made between the two wars? 1920's-1930's? Thank you for looking and assistance.

resize.jpg

resize back.jpg

resize side.jpg

Bakersgma likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Violets. My favorite flower. I think it's earlier given the Art Nouveau influence. Here's a celery dish in the same pattern. eBay seller says maker is PM.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274727242856

Debora

s-l1600.jpg

komokwa likes this.
  3. Lizzie

Lizzie All you need is love ...and a dog.

Thanks @Debora. That is very helpful. There is a lot of information out there on PM Bavaria. It is exactly the same pattern for sure.

johnnycb09 and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted