Featured Need Help to ID Blue Opaque Glass Jar w Leaf and Berry

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ola402, Jun 26, 2017.

1. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I thought that maybe this Jar was by Vallerysthal but I can't find an example of it anywhere. I looked in my Milk Glass book, pattern glass book and on line. The jar measures 4 1/4" in diameter and 6" high. The color is powder blue with a greenish tint.
    Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

DSCF8815.jpg DSCF8815.jpg DSCF8811.jpg DSCF8813.jpg DSCF8812.jpg

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    OHHHHHHoHHHHH. I love it.
    greg envy-1.jpg

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Mmm. Lovely. Can't help with maker, but it is rather nice.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Love it, too, especially the berry feet.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Fostoria 'Grape Leaf' #2513 c1950s-60s

Christmasjoy, cxgirl, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  7. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Don, thanks so much! I would never have guessed Fostoria, it looks so un-Fostoria-like to me. I have a Fostoria price guide by Long & Seate. FYI, Looking in there (now that I know the pattern), they say it was made 1935 - 1943. Did it have a 2nd run in the 50-60s?

8. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Don, I looked over at the R site and it gave dates for this piece between 1957 - 1959. So I guess it was made again in the 1950s colors. The early one stated in Long & Seate's price guide didn't give the colors white, pink or aqua. The early ones were stated in crystal, almond, regal blue, burgundy, and empire green. So 50s it is! TY!

9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Well now, that is stunning.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

love the colour!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Yes, very pretty colour, Joy.

12. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It's a lovely jar and of nice size:). I'm a bit put off by the name however, grape? I want it to be berry something. But then no one asked me;)

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  13. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

YUUUMMEEEEEEEE !!!!! Also, Very, Very NICE!!!!!!!:happy::happy::happy::happy:
    But sorry, can't help.....

14. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Ok, we can quit discussing now. :happy: I listed it last night and it sold about 5 am this morning. Don't you always think when that happens that you didn't charge enough? I like to think that the price was Goldilocks, just right! Sales over the summer are sluggish for me, so this was welcome. Thanks to all of you for your help and comments! Off to the PO for me. :D (what's up? I hardly ever use emojis)

SBSVC, cxgirl, quirkygirl and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted