Need help to determine the value of an antique Singer Sewing Machine

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Patrick Downing, Jul 9, 2023.

1. Patrick Downing

Patrick Downing New Member

Hello antiquers,

My family has a very old Singer Sewing machine, which I am having trouble dating & finding the value of.

Its 1910 class 27 machine. It was aunts for over 60-70 years.

It works, it is attached to wooden table/desk with Iron legs & the logo D&D.

I see Singer's from 1910 selling online from 100-1500 bucks. Thats range is not helpful. How can my family and I find the true value?

I will more pictures soon.

Thanks,
    patrick

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2023
    judy likes this.
  2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

The true value is what someone will pay for it. Depending on what part of the country you're in, some furniture sells and in other places it doesn't. I have three of those machines - one was my mother's and the others belonged to my aunts. I learned to sew on it so it's still in good working order. Better than the electric ones that break down! One is used as a plant table in front of a window and my son uses the third as a tv stand.

Your stand is in rough shape, but it looks like the machine and it's attachments are more unique than the run of the mill ones. Clean it up so it looks better and you can probably get a few hundred - but remember - it's a pick up item. You won't be shipping. So it will depend on who living near you wants it.

singer_machine_in_basement.jpeg singer_up_close.jpeg

Figtree3, KylieS, komokwa and 4 others like this.
  3. Patrick Downing

Patrick Downing New Member

Thank you Bev!

komokwa likes this.
  4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

That looks like a commercial machine. My mother worked in a shoe factory. In the mid-60s when they were shutting down here in New England, some of the fancy stitchers were given machines to bring home so they could work from home. She had a machine somewhat like this. I'd say that increases the value from the regular machines. Do a little research and definitely clean it up. Any tools or accessories that go with it will also increase the value so don't toss any of that stuff out.

Figtree3, KylieS and komokwa like this.
  5. KylieS

KylieS Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about sewing machines, except that you see a lot of the smaller ones around. I agree with Bev that this one has a nice industrial feel, could appeal to steam punk collectors, interior designers, fashion industry types, etc. It would be an awesome decorative piece in the right place.

Draft saved Draft deleted