Need Help on European? Mini Vase - Green Iridescent Finish

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Jun 10, 2016.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone - This vase was sold as Royal Bayreuth but if so it's not like any Royal Bayreuth I've ever seen. It stands not quite 4" high. Lots of marks on the bottom but I can't read the most important mark in the circle! If I squint real hard I can see what looks like an initial B. Any help figuring out what I have would be gratefully appreciated! Thanks!
    Don
    IMG_20160610_110549156.jpg IMG_20160610_110600621.jpg IMG_20160610_110627745.jpg

trip98 and lauragarnet like this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Interesting piece. Not so much iridescent as crystalline. With all those marks, this ought to be attributable but I am coming up blank right now.

lauragarnet likes this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

lauragarnet likes this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for all the detective work! I've got a little collection of ditmar-urbach's alienware but it never occurred to me this might be an earlier ditmar work. Most appreciated!
    Don

8. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

That is truly amazing you folks were able to figure the mark out:)

lauragarnet and yourturntoloveit like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted