need help on colored etching

Discussion in 'Art' started by rink28, Jan 28, 2017.

1. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Hello, been awhile since i posted something but i found this colored etching at a thrift shop. As you can see in the pictures i forgot to take the price tag off so now you guys know how much i paid lol. It is titled (bottom left) and signed (bottom right). The first word written on the bottom left says "berlin" but not too sure what else it says after that. The artist signature is tough to read as well so not sure who it is. The etching looks to be well done though. Also was wondering what era it could be from? I thought maybe around the 60s? If any of you may have some information im all ears. Thank you for your time!

2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

berlin7.jpg

Attached Files:

3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

4. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

6. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

thanks Debora! now i just have to figure out who this artist is haha

7. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Any luck? I'm stumped

8. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

Can't help you on the artist. The Europa Center is really that tall building in the middle of the print. It was completed, dedicated, in 1965. The church is the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church. It was badly damage by bombing. The spire has been left alone to show the damage. The interior is now a Memorial Hall. That tall narrow octagonal tower behind it is part of the new church buildings that were finished c1963.

With the dates of the Europa Center and the New Church, you know that this print is no earlier than 1965.

--- Susan

Draft saved Draft deleted