Featured Need help identifying these, and figure out their value

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Amanda Norway, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Amanda Norway

Amanda Norway New Member

Hello

I am helping my friend cleaning out the appartment of her mom that recently passed away. These old furniture's look like they are in good shape and wondered if it was worth something.
    Her mom lived in Sweden for many years before moving to Norway. So was wondering if these are from a Scandinavian designer. Or are these just from a factory back in the days? My friend's aunt told us that these have been in the family for a few decades, most likely 1950.
    She is planning to sell them and was wondering how much they are worth.

20230923_181908.jpg 20230923_181959.jpg 20230923_190747.jpg 20230923_190821.jpg

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Lovely pieces. I especially like the dresser. I think these are much older than 1950s,Id guess 1900s give or take a few years.

wlwhittier likes this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Interesting pieces. I am not an expert in Scandinavian furniture, so difficult for me to date these. Could be as early as the 30s or as late as the 50s. Would think they are factory production pieces. I assume they are still in Norway? If so, I would have no idea of their marketability or value there.

wlwhittier likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The floral designs remind me of "rosemaling", traditional Norwegian painted floral designs.

Bakersgma, trip98 and wlwhittier like this.
  5. Amanda Norway

Amanda Norway New Member

I think you are into something there. When looking closer, the carvings looks like rosemaling style from Hallingdal in Norway.

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted