Need help identifying pocket watches

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by SC_1842, Aug 24, 2023.

1. SC_1842

SC_1842 New Member

I’d like to know as much as I can about these three pocket watches, as I am not very knowledgeable about them. Any help is very much appreciated

Attached Files:

johnnycb09 and moreotherstuff like this.
  2. Lavrentii

Lavrentii Active Member

Hello!
    If there is some marking, it can tell a lot. Could you add more photos, for example, any markings inside the watch case, or markings on the mechanisms?

Figtree3 and SC_1842 like this.
  3. SC_1842

SC_1842 New Member

I will look later this afternoon and update. Was nervous to try and remove from case as I haven’t ever done it before. Not many markings visible otherwise

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. baltojoe75

baltojoe75 Well-Known Member

The quartz watch with the hunting scene on the cover is relatively modern and goes for about $25 new on the bay.
    The Waltham looks like the face enamel is cracked which will diminish the value greatly. It really needs to be opened to determine if the case is filled or solid gold. If it's gold, the value is pretty much in the case. Pocket watches, unless something really extraordinary, really don't sell for much these days (especially names like Waltham, Hamilton etc). The third watch with the crest on the back is hinged so you can probably just flip it open and see whats on the case. From the picture, it looks like silver...

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted