Need help identifying clay? marked bowl with unusual designs

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Kevolee, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Hi, I am not sure what exactly to call the material this is made from so I will let the pictures describe it. I have no idea what the patterns painted on it are or if they represent anything. The paint seems like it was on the thin side, maybe made from a natural substance or else just diluted. It is marked on the bottom but all I can make out is what looks like alfareria which I know is Spanish for pottery. I can't make out much of the rest of it so maybe someone can help with that too. I love the way is is marvelously misshapen and irregular in form. It is around 8.75" in diameter and just under 3 inches tall. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

IMG_0720.JPG IMG_0719.JPG IMG_0718.JPG IMG_0717.JPG IMG_0723.JPG IMG_0722.JPG IMG_0721.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

What does it sound like when you tap it?

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yes, as in a pottery, a place where ceramics are made and/or sold.:) Presumably it is part of the name of the firm that manufactured it.

judy and Figtree3 like this.
  4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It does have a certain charm. I can't really help... can you read any of the letters besides that one word?

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted