Featured Need dating help on a Jeanette candy jar & a Frank's Dove mustard jar please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Jul 25, 2024.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I got these from someone who is cleaning out a house. I know the first one is made by Jeanette & is marked on the side.

The second one isn't marked but I found others like it online. It was sold by Frank's Tea & Spice & it held Dove's Brand mustard. Unfortunately, it did not come with its original metal lid. :facepalm::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Does anyone have any idea as to the age of these jars? I actually got them for a friend & she wanted to know how old they were. None of the listings I looked at had any kind of dating. :rolleyes:

upload_2024-7-25_22-58-52.jpeg
    upload_2024-7-25_22-59-24.jpeg
    upload_2024-7-25_22-59-43.jpeg
    upload_2024-7-25_23-0-9.jpeg

upload_2024-7-25_23-0-31.jpeg
    upload_2024-7-25_23-0-52.jpeg
    upload_2024-7-25_23-1-21.jpeg

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!! :happy::happy::kiss::kiss:

Potteryplease, cxgirl, *crs* and 2 others like this.
  2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Peggy this is just a guess, but I am thinking 40's or early 50's

cxgirl and bercrystal like this.
  3. bercrystal

That is what I was thinking but hoped someone might know an online reference site or have a reference book in their library that might have some information.

cxgirl, *crs* and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

5. pearlsnblume

Great link crs

cxgirl and *crs* like this.
  6. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

neat bottles Peggy:)
    I search AVOR glass rabbit and several like yours showed up, but a couple mentioned Victory Glass Co so I searched them and found the following link. (They were located in Jeannette Pa).

on this link, page 223 they show containers and marks, not sure if this will help or not

https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/VictoryGlass.pdf

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 12.43.52 PM.png

7. bercrystal

That mark is not on the first piece so eBay sellers have led me astray once again. ;):rolleyes::rolleyes::p:facepalm::bag::hilarious:

I think it is more likely that the first piece was made by Victory Glass. :happy::happy:

Thanks to all for helping me with the jars. My friend really only wanted them because they were bunny rabbits :rolleyes::rolleyes: so it won't matter to her who made them or when, she was just curious. ;):happy::happy:

Thanks to everyone for your help!! :happy::happy::kiss:

cxgirl and *crs* like this.
  8. pearlsnblume

bercrystal and cxgirl like this.
  9. bercrystal

10. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Yep, I don't completely trust another seller's post unless they have proof in their post. :angelic:

bercrystal likes this.
  11. bercrystal

Even if they have proof in their post I will still seek confirmation or come here if I strike out on my own. ;):happy::happy:

Potteryplease and *crs* like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted