Featured My niece has a pair of goblets that she was given, and was wondering if

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Aquitaine, Jul 20, 2024.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

there's a pattern name.....they are both the same.....She forgot to give me dimensions, but I think they're about 6 1/2" tall and maybe 3" in diameter.....My Mom always called these pressed "Hobnail" I think, but I couldn't find a pattern by that name.....I know there are quite a few "glassies" here, so if you can figure it out, I'd REALLY appreciate the help!!! THANK YOU, as always!!! She will appreciate it as well! (And she sent me the images.......!)

TM goblet-1.jpg

TM goblet base.jpg

2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

the pattern is diamond point. Fostoria, Indiana Glass and others made this pressed glass. Yours is a 3 mold and I can't remember the company but if you search eBay you will find it.

3. Aquitaine

@laura9797, AWESOME and thank you so much!!!! My niece will be ecstatic when I let her know.....she loves the goblets as My Mom (her grandmother) gave them to her.....and she wanted some knowledge about them!!! Thank you again!!! (WHO knows, maybe she'll become addicted to some more antiques!!!

judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  4. Aquitaine

@laura9797, WELL, I looked at ALL of those Ebay goblets, (sold & unsold!) and the stems on EVERY ONE of them have a different shape......my niece's goblet STEMS don't have the Diamond pattern....hers are plain & I think 5 or 6 sided.........could that be because hers are 'antique' and all the others looked newer?? JUST curious...........?? Thank you again!!!

Two from Ebay:

two goblets-Ebay-30.00.jpg

Last edited: Jul 22, 2024
    judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

many companies made similar diamond/diamond point/sawtooth motif designs; several of them have a diamond faceted ball included in the stem. need a side view showing how the stem meets the bowl; the hexagon motif of the foot seems possibly unique. Closest I'm finding so far is Gillinder & Sons #0025; but this one doesn't have the hex motif on the foot... Ivima had a similar design in recent years but included a faceted ball in the stem.

Pattern Details - GILLINDER & SONS Inc. No. 0025 (OMN) (eapgs.net)

LauraGarnet02 and laura9797 like this.
  6. Aquitaine

@TallCakes, thank you for the additional information!!!! WILL try to get niece to do as you suggested ASAP, but may take a couple of days.......VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!

LauraGarnet02 and TallCakes like this.
  7. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

8. TallCakes

Last edited: Jul 23, 2024
  9. TallCakes

tried another search option...
    perhaps Gillinder #20 (c1875) is match

GILLINDER & SONS Inc. No. 0020 (OMN) stem
    • AKA: Diamond Point, Coarse (Millard 1); Sawtooth Plain Stem (Metz 2; Unitt 1)
    • Gillinder & Sons Incorporated (Philadelphia/Greensburg-PA, Operated: 1863-Today), Introduced: c1875 Introduced
    • NOTE: Sid Lethbridge 2022: appears in the Gillinder 1876 catalogue page
    • Motifs: (Diamonds), (Triangle), (Diamond Point)

EAPGS Pattern Index - ALBUM: SAWTOOTH GOBLETS

upload_2024-7-24_8-52-53.png

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
  10. Aquitaine

THANK YOU BOTH, @laura9797 and @TallCakes, SO MUCH!! I haven't been able to get my niece, so far, to photo under the bowl of the goblet, but will gladly pass your efforts on to her!!! Very much appreciated!!

Draft saved Draft deleted