Featured My latest loot: some czech, some victorian

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Dessert58, Jun 22, 2024.

1. Dessert58

Dessert58 Well-Known Member

IMG_9034.jpeg IMG_9036.jpeg IMG_9038.jpeg IMG_9035.jpeg IMG_9032.jpeg IMG_9039.jpeg IMG_9040.jpeg IMG_9022.jpeg IMG_9041.jpeg IMG_9042.jpeg
    So, these are some of my recent finds, both online and on flea markets.

The tree bracelets are (I believe) Lea Stein. The pink one is amazing but I like them most all together.
    They were an online bargain.
    The silver and paste buckle was a recent flea market find at 25 cents. It missed some paste stones but I could easily replace those. I think it is an early 19th century shoe buckle maybe.
    The banded agate pendant was an online purchase.
    It came with lots of modern quartz pendants. This one is 9 carat gold with banded agate, and its victorian.
    The chinese pendant is silver with carnelean and a cloisonne bat, for good luck.
    The gold filled coral brooch missed a drop, which I temporarily replaced with a pearl. I will change it for a better suited drop when I have more time.
    The two earrings are 8 or 9 carat gold, they miss their earhooks.
    The three brooches are in my opinion Czech from around 1910-1930. They were online bargains.
    The smaller one misses some stones. I keep on looking for some replacements.
    What is your favorite piece of jewelry?
    Thanks for having a look. :cat:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2024
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Sure the banded agate pendant isn't actually a watch fob?

Debora

Dessert58 and johnnycb09 like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Gorgeous finds, Dessert.:happy:
    I didn't know Lea Stein made this type of bangle as well, but they are lovely. I only know the twisted ones and the ones with a cut back stack of brightly coloured layers.
    The one on the right, with the chains and dangles, could be 1890s.
    That has to be the Bohemian brooch with the chains and dangles. So very Austro-Hungarian.:)

4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

5. Dessert58

Debora, yes, you are right. The banded agate probably started life as a watch fob.
    AJ, yes, I have a few of those other Lea Stein bracelets.
    I m not 100% sure these three are Lea s work, but I saw some similar ones in a Lea Stein exhibition, so I think they might be hers.
    The Czech brooch with the drops indeed has some AH vibes, doesn't it?
    That made me buy these in the first place.:shame:
    I find it difficult to date these Czech jewels though...these jewelry parts were used for decades.

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

They could be, they have that Lea Stein vibe.
    Yes, that is confusing. (mumble mumble...nasty Bohemians...):bag::hilarious:

kyratango and Dessert58 like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The one with the trombone clasp also has a tube hinge, but some small factory could have found a stash in a back closet and figured they might as well use them. The other Czech piece sure does give Austria-Hungary, especially with that pink dangle. The red and green could be straight out of the 1920s.

kyratango and Dessert58 like this.
  8. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

:woot:Loving all your finds! My favorite is the pink bangle, so yummy!

Any Jewelry and Dessert58 like this.
  9. Dessert58

Evelyb, yes! So confusing! Why couldn't they all just use the latest findings and toss the old stock? Would have been much easier to date:hilarious::zombie:;)
    Kyra, thank you!
    The pink bracelet indeed looks like candy.
    My own favorite might be the gigantic buckle. I know its not very practical in modern life but I like its workmanship.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

I like the buckle too. I find pieces of them while metal detecting but have yet to find a whole one. Love the fob too.

Dessert58 likes this.
  11. Any Jewelry

It certainly is a beauty, very well made.
    All you need is a very long dress with one buckled shoe 'accidentally' peeping out.:joyful:

Dessert58 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted