Featured My latest finds

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Dessert58, Aug 25, 2024.

1. Dessert58

Dessert58 Well-Known Member

IMG_1472.jpeg
    IMG_1463.jpeg
    IMG_1464.jpeg IMG_1465.jpeg IMG_1470.jpeg IMG_1471.jpeg IMG_1469.jpeg IMG_1468.jpeg IMG_1467.jpeg IMG_1466.jpeg These last few months I have found nothing really spectacular.

I did finally find some small gold pieces though (normally I never ever find gold, only silver).

And I have a big crush on old presentation boxes, as you can see.
    Most I ever pay for them is a few euros.

Here are some of my most recent finds:

-18 carat gold earrings with diamond chips and pearl: bought this week for 13€ including shipping from France (some tiny diamonds in one earring are unfortunately missing).

What is the deal with the tiny 'hook' on their backside? (This hook was what made me suspect they might be gold, actually). Is there a part missing or were these just made to be versatile?

-gold over silver and white enamel daisy brooch, by Anthon Michelsen, Denmark bought at a flea market yesterday for a few euro s.

-14 carat white gold bracelet: bought on a flea market today for 1€. I have been looking for a cheap gold bangle for ages! I thought I would never find one. But luck was with me this morning when I found this small white gold bangle together with a stack of silver bracelets.

-the humongous regency style brooch and the Czech glass brooch from the fourties were half a euro each at the same flea market. They are nice.

-the two rings are also flea market finds from a while ago. They are 18 carat gold with rose cut diamonds and one has a synthetic sapphire in a sorry state.

-the tiny pendant again was a lucky flea market find for 2€. its 18 carat gold with rose cut diamonds. The biggest diamond is unfortunately chipped.

The lariat pendant in a sorry state was 0,20 cents. Its 9 carat gold. Unfortunately, 1 small red stone is missing and the rectangular blue stone is chipped.

This one might end up on the 'to be repaired'-mountain and never find its way back to being wearable.

We will see.

So, what is your favorite?

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Great finds, Dessert. Glad you finally struck gold.:playful:
    I suspect the latter, 'day and night' earrings. They are sweet enough to be 'day' only.:)

3. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Ditto, concur, AGREE!:joyful:

4. Dessert58

Ok, now I fell deep into the day to night earring- rabbithole.
    Do you think rich Victorian women could have had multiple pairs of these day to night earrings, so they could mix the drops?
    (Now I desperately need matching drops!)
    I hadn't seen this system before though.
    I had only seen this system (picture is not mine):n IMG_1498.jpeg

kyratango, Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

So, so sorry, I take full responsibility.:sorry::bag::joyful:

6. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

The earrings and the négligée necklace pendant are my favorites! The bangle also has a lovely texture.

7. Satin In A Coffin

Satin In A Coffin Well-Known Member

The bangle and the earrings are my winners! Wow! But to be honest the gold and diamond ring with the elegant swirled simplicity would be the item I would wear most if these were mine. It just screams wear me anywhere and everywhere. Nice haul!

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'd really want to fix up that neglige pendant so I could wear it; Belle Epoque jewelry is my downfall. The sapphire got where it is because somebody wore it early and often - engagement ring maybe?

Dessert58, kyratango and mirana like this.
  9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Which one is the neglige Pendant?

Dessert58 likes this.
  10. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

The pendant with the light blue/green stones; asymmetrical drops off the rectangle. It needs to have a chain attached to either side, plus maybe the missing tiny accent stone Dessert mentioned? I would have it fixed up too. I love the look of those pieces. I have one, but only hematite and sterling. Would love to have more! :D

Dessert58 likes this.
  11. Dessert58

Oww somehow I didn't get any notifications from this thread. i assumed everyone just forgot about it :rolleyes:
    Thank you very much for all coments/likes!
    The two rings are a very big size! They would maybe fit my thumb, bit thats not my preferred look :smuggrin:
    So I like those, but what I really love is the bangle and the earrings.
    The negligee is nice too, but as miranda already explained it needs a chain, it misses a tiny red stone and also, the rectangular blue stone on top is chipped.
    So I m not sure its worth all the work it needs.
    Oh well, time is on my side (tijd brengt raad) we would say in Dutch :cat:

Any Jewelry, kyratango and mirana like this.
  12. evelyb30

The rings may be "glove rings", sized to fit over formal evening gloves for when a lady went out. They had to be larger than you'd expect.

kyratango, mirana and Dessert58 like this.
  13. Dessert58

Evelyb yes, that makes sense.
    I will have to purchase some cool evening gloves to wear them :joyful:

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  14. evelyb30

Lace ones! They're sold again here for weddings and the like, and I would guess at costume shops anywhere Bridgerton aired.

Dessert58 likes this.
  15. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

If I supplied the chain, my jeweler would attach that and put in a new small stone for around 50usd. The big stone I wouldn't replace unless the chip is ugly to the naked eye. But I understand if it's not a priority. It's a lovely haul, all of it. I'm jealous. :D

Any Jewelry, kyratango and Dessert58 like this.
  16. Dessert58

Ok miranda, you got me there. I think I might even have replacement stones laying in my stash somewhere :cyclops:
    I ll be on the lookout for a nice, fitting 9 carat chain now.

Any Jewelry, kyratango and mirana like this.
  17. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Heh heh heh yesss

I hope you can find a reasonable local jeweler. Mine gets giddy when I come in because I always bring old things and he and the staff love to geek out with me about them. I hope you find someone with similar enthusiasm where you're at.

18. nastina.nastea

nastina.nastea Well-Known Member

I really like rings:cat: very beautiful finds, and old display boxes are all so nice and in such a good condition. Congrats!:)

Draft saved Draft deleted