Featured My Goodwill is insane right now ~ mint Baccarat paperweight $1.99

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Grateful, May 25, 2021.

1. Grateful

Grateful Well-Known Member

When I hit up my Goodwill, I seriously have a hard time leaving....one of today's finds. Mint condition Baccarat paperweight.

IMG_3013.jpg

judy, Figtree3, pearlsnblume and 11 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the underpaid under educated over worked folks that staff the place wouldn't;t know what that name means anyways...

nice find,

judy, patd8643, pearlsnblume and 3 others like this.
  3. Grateful

Grateful Well-Known Member

Very true. In the labor market around here (the Cracker Barrel off the interstate has closed half it's dining area due to no help), GW is lucky to have any staff. These employees at this store are friendly, helpful & I go out of my way to thank them. I really couldn't believe that this paperweight made it to my hands without a scratch.

A woman was buying like-new ride-on toys for her grandkids first visit since covid. That made me happy. Regardless of how anyone feels about GW in general, it's nice to see stuff get a second (or third) chance at usefulness prior to being landfilled.

judy, Figtree3, pearlsnblume and 4 others like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Amen. Of course it's nice for US to find some real goodies too! If I'd found that it would chipped never mind scratched. That's if they didn't send it to goodwillonline instead and overprice it. Mine gets zero jewelry these days except some Target leftovers. Silverplate but no silver. I scored today but that was a rarity.

5. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Finding something like that at a GW now is like winning the Powerball ! Course 10-20 long years ago,not so much-I think they have Musk's drones flying thru the place at night evaluating and pulling anything worth over five bucks-you're slipping Elon !

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted