My first Machinist’s Yard Sale

Discussion in 'Tools' started by springfld.arsenal, May 13, 2018.

1. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Machinist club has two yard sales a year, at the sizeable suburban estate of its president. Sry I have no pix overall, was too busy to get any. I sold a number of items from my business’s large stock of NOS hand tools-14” K&F files, marlinspikes 6”-24”, monkey wrenches in 4 sizes, mill setup triangles, and vintage Williams single-end crescent wrenches in any size desired as long as it is 31/32”. My booboo was not snapping up the pile long wood clamps that were reasonably priced. My “prize” among other purchases was a gang vise, about 8” x 14”, about 30 lbs. I needed an electrical enclosure for a naked 100 amp circuit breaker and Got two for $10. Ea. There was a “restorable” electropneumatic sensitive drill and 3 more partials, $10. for the lot, so they are now all mine. There was also a tarp full of free stuff where I took ownership of a couple of boxes of stuff that looked interesting, but awaits identification. None of the several people I asked could ID the small, bright, tungsten carbide items in small, cylindrical, blue plastic cans. Someday, if I live long enough, everything I’ve bought will be used for something, but often not for the purpose originally intended-I make a lot of adaptations to avoid buying expensive new tools.

7D252156-6D77-4367-B407-ABFCFB3FBE5E.jpeg

4B6B6B85-D0CE-4C55-83FC-CE2CB064F046.jpeg

D09549D6-D816-46B5-936F-39C86C46CD0C.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted