Museum of Anthropology Vancouver BC

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Bakersgma, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

An absolute "must visit" if you happen to being going in that direction! I went in thinking it was going to be "only" First Nations' cultural objects, but boy was I wrong!

A world wide treasure trove. And you must check out the European ceramics collection! :wideyed:

3 hours was only enough to scratch the surface. You can bet I will be going back again and again!

http://www.moa.ubc.ca/

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

Oh my!
    Drool!!!!!

3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Looks great!

4. Bakersgma

Drool is sooooo right, Messi!

Did either of you try clicking the Online Collection? So many ways slice the vast collection for viewing!

5. Taupou

Taupou Well-Known Member

Absolutely, on my list of all-time favorite museums. I especially like the way the "stored" items are available and on display, not hidden away where no one ever can see them.

The museum also has a great on-line searchable data base of over 40,000 objects from their collection.

But if you can get there in person, it's a museum not to be missed! And it's in one of the most beautiful settings imaginable, besides.

6. Taupou

Taupou Well-Known Member

I've got to learn to type faster! But yes, do check out the online collection.

7. Bakersgma

Oh yes, Taupou! The drawers!! The friends who took me there told me about them before we went in.

I absolutely expected to hear you had been there. ;)

8. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I wish I were close and could spend days exploring. Their website is interesting, too, with a creative approach to navigation.

Bakers, thanks for sharing this. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted