Museu C Gulbenkian Hanging Plate - Manufacturer?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Jan 18, 2021.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone - I'm trying to find out any information regarding this souvenir hanging bowl from the Museu C Gulbenkian. I figured out the museum is in Portugal but I was unable to find out anything about the manufacturer. It's something like 5Rais. I think the style is Iznik. The bowl measures 11" across and is about 1 1/8" tall. Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you!
    Don

IMG_20210113_153102712.jpg IMG_20210113_153127314.jpg IMG_20210113_153130828.jpg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The Calouste Gulbenkian Museum in Lisbon. I would think 5 Reis (5 Kings in English) was the manufacturer but can't find a ceramic company in Portugal by that name. Not sure it matters. Souvenir bowl from the Gulbenkian. Likely a copy of something in the collection. (Gulbenkian was a Turkish citizen.)

Debora

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    bercrystal, dgbjwc and Bronwen like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you, Debora!

Debora likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted