Murano Glass ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ThatOneGuy, Aug 14, 2017.

1. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Member

I was given a box of Murano glass, sail boat, bowls, etc. There was a piece in the box that I'm not sure of. It could just be random glass art or it could be something I need to hang on to. I know one of you fine people here has more knowledge than I do, when it comes to glass. I appreciate any info at this point. IMG_5152.JPG IMG_5153.JPG

lauragarnet and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

That is SO weird ! I just today saw one exactly like this in an antique mall and almost bought it ! Ive not seen this shape before,doesnt mean they dont exist,but thats why it caught my eye.

3. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

I've seen them on Ebay before but I am pretty sure they are not Murano. Try doing a search for Sooner glass and see if you get any comparable hits

lauragarnet and ThatOneGuy like this.
  4. desperate_fun

I did a quick search and scrap the Sooner glass idea. If I see one with a proper attribution, I'll let you know.

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I think this is called a split neck vase,but I havent seen any that were joined at the top.

6. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Member

Y'all are alright. Let's see if you can get these 2. All I think I know is art glass. They were also in the box with the Murano and some cobalt blue bases.

Attached Files:

7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I think these two might be Norcrest. Japan year 2000 or so.
    Don

8. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Member

Awesome. I don't need them then.

lauragarnet, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I had one of those, never did find out who made the thing.

10. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I'm not saying this is but this reminds me Chalet Glass. Except most Chalet I've seen is "pointy" but the bases are very similar to what you have. Chalet was founded by Murano artisans that moved to Canada

11. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I will see if I can dig out my old Norcrest catalogues. Did Chalet make satin glass? I don't usually consider Chalet for satin.
    Don

lauragarnet and Christmasjoy like this.
  12. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

I see these all the time when I'm scrolling through mid century glass vases. Now that I'm actually looking for them, I can't find any!

13. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

It's the cut off looking tops that remind me of Norcrest. We sold these (or similar) for awhile around 2000 bought directly from Norcrest. Breakage in shipment from Norcrest was a real problem so we never reordered.
    Don

14. desperate_fun

I'm fairly certain Chalet did not make Satin Glass.

Draft saved Draft deleted