Murano fish?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by mymysharona43, Nov 30, 2014.

1. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

Couldnt find anything, thanks for any help Mexican Murano?
    [​IMG]

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Size?

IMHO, really this could be from anywhere.
    It's not got the jazz of Italian murano.
    Check the bubbles on murano fish,
    they are high quality. Keep in mind
    not all out there are authentic murano.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
    spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  3. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

And you can sometimes tell by the way the bottom is finished.

4. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

There is a lot of Chinese made glass being imported that is supposed to look like Murano. It can be bought @ Walmart, Kmart etc. That Fish is recent Chinese made.

5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I agree with fenton, I believe this is a newer Chinese piece.

This kind of thing is turning up at the thrifts more and more. At first when I saw similar I would quickly pick said item up thinking: "Is this Murano?" but since have learned that there is a lot coming out of China mimicking vintage Murano, so buyers need to hone their eye to the quality difference.

One tip is if the Murano sticker is still on there. Of course many owners removed the sticker so you could still have a Murano piece without it.

6. mymysharona43

mymysharona43 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone!
    I know 99 percent come out of china and have seen zillions of reproductions, that's why I asked. I usually pass them by but I believe he was only a buck or so, but thanks so much for the help

Draft saved Draft deleted