Murano, but what is this signature? Gold effect name?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Studio Antiques, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Studio Antiques

Studio Antiques Well-Known Member

DSC_1641.JPG DSC_1645.JPG Hey everyone, we've got this Murano perfume atomizer with a signature on the bottom, does anybody recognize it? How about the name for the gold effect created in the bottle? Thanks! View attachment 70669 View attachment 70671

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  2. Studio Antiques

Also does anybody know what purpose these two small knobs serve? They are also Murano pieces DSC_1649.JPG DSC_1650.JPG

3. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

I got an error message when I clicked on the link for the perfume.

The gold in the blue pieces is called aventurine. Since I can't see the first item, I don't know if it is the same or not.

4. Studio Antiques

The pictures for the perfume are now updated, please take a look!

5. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the perfume was made in Italy. With the sig, it is more likely American studio glass. The gold does look to be aventurine.

Studio glass can be very difficult to ID as there were/are literally thousands of them. There really isn't any reference material published on the net or elsewhere, and most work in relative obscurity, known only within the area they sell their works.

Unfortunately, most don't have a following that results in sufficient demand to affect the value of their work beyond decorative.

Maybe this will be the exception and you will be lucky and someone will recognize it.

judy likes this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Yes, aventurine, gold in this instance. I agree it is not Italian.

Second pair are copper and they're taper candle holders.

Studio Antiques, judy and Aquitaine like this.
  7. Studio Antiques

Thank you! Great information! Kindest Regards

Draft saved Draft deleted