Multiple furniture pieces, need help identifying and pricing

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Zpotato789, Jul 17, 2023.

1. Zpotato789

Zpotato789 New Member

Hello, so i have a sofa, a chair, and a dining room set. I can get more pictures if needed.

Images are too large from my phone so i uploaded to imgur. I am based out of Connecticut.

All items are inherited from my grandparents, i do not know how old any of them are, but they are each in great condition and i am looking to sell them all locally.

I'm wondering their worth, and if they are identifiable.

the sofa is roughly 93in wide, 40in depth to the backside, and 33in tall. No tags anywhere, flipped cushions, tilted sofa, checked seams, nothing...
    https://imgur.com/bHaA5EO

The chair is 40 1/2 tall (roughly), 28 in wide, and 32 in depth to the back. same as the sofa, no tags under cushion, or underneath.
    https://imgur.com/HeGr9qp

The dining room chairs (6 total, 2 with arm rests) are from Bernhardt Furniture Co based out of North Carolina.
    I'm assuming that the table was purchased with the chairs, but the table doesn't have any identifying features that i was able to find besides a sticker saying Taiwan, a logo i cant find online, and some numbers. Under the table it just says "Taiwan" engraved.

The dining room table has 2 leaves (adds 15in each to the table when inserted), the table is 68in long and 44in wide with no leaves. roughly 29in height.

Here is a link to the gallery for the table and chairs https://imgur.com/a/JQNJcF4

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

All of it 1960s. I dont see anything of real value . Nobody wants dining room sets anymore. I actually like the table,but where would you use it ?

komokwa likes this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

all I see is a link. No images. Some folks here won't click outside links.

Any Jewelry, komokwa and Aquitaine like this.
  4. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Looks like late 1960s/early 1970s. The pieces may appeal to mid 20th Century enthusiasts, but in this condition it's basically just used furniture. If they were mine I would plan on paying someone to haul them away.

However, if I were determined to get $ out of them, in my part of the U.S. Midwest I might get $100 or so for all of these pieces on a good day. You may do a bit better in Connecticut.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. That sort of furniture usually gets donated in these parts; you can do better on the tax deduction than selling it as often as not. I'm in Connecticut.

johnnycb09 and silverbell like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Those people generally look for MCM (Mid Century Modern), which these aren't.
    Same here, but I am in the Netherlands, so not relevant in this case.;)

johnnycb09 likes this.
  7. Zpotato789

Zpotato789 New Member

Thanks everyone, ill attempt to sell them for cheap as i need them gone by the end of the month and locals by me will probably buy the chair for a bedroom or reading nook, its barely been used so id hate to toss it.
    the sofa not so much, its huge and uncomfortable.
    I can probably sell the table too without the chairs, its in great shape and sturdy, houses here have room for a table that large.

i appreciate the insight. If i cant make a few bucks, to the curb or dumpster thats getting delivered they go.

8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

For the most part, agree with the others. That chair would have some interest in a period color fabric such as green, gold, or orange crushed velvet. In that brown color, I am afraid it would have little interest.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  9. Zpotato789

Zpotato789 New Member

i actually just sold the cushion chair for $30, it was an olive green color, the sofa is the same color, i quite liked it, was fairly comfy with minimal use and was in great shape, glad someone will be happy using it.

the table i should be able to sell but i may just put the 6 chairs at the curb, someone may come grab them before i put them in a dumpster next week if i cant sell them.

The sofa… its comfy but large and i feel like i need to find a very specific buyer if i’m to sell it. Plenty of older homes 50-100 years old around here that it will absolutely belong in though so i may get lucky.

verybrad, johnnycb09 and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted