Mosaic Floor Lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by stfx12, Mar 16, 2017.

1. stfx12

stfx12 Member

Does anyone have any information on this lamp (Age? Maker?). I picked it up at a thrift store. I could find no markings of any kind. Bottom is cast iron, rest is some kind of metal. Lamp is quite heavy.
    Perfect for the reading lamp I was looking for, information is just to satisfy my curiosity!
    Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks! image1 3.JPG image2 2.JPG

image1 2.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG image4.JPG image5.JPG image6.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Very pretty,but I think its a reproduction,possibly 1980s. I say that because the shade is a little crudely done. If you look at older shades the construction is more fine. Just an opinion and not necessarily a correct one. :)

anundverkaufen, judy and aaroncab like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Not mosaic. Stained glass.

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Agree reproduction from the 80s or later. Missing the pan that covers the base weight.

5. stfx12

stfx12 Member

Thanks everyone!

6. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Nice bridge lamp. The bridge is the metal arm that holds the laml shade out from the upright part. They are great reading lamps. In the 1980-90s there were a lot of "stained glass" shops around where you could go and make something like this shade.

judy likes this.
  7. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

"CHUNKY " cast base - NOT like 50's! Very new threaded rod with nut and washer!

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

still.....a fine thrift store pick...:happy:

judy likes this.
  9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Go to a lamp store preferably an older one. Get a replacement base to cover yours.
    Great lamp!!
    greg

komokwa and judy like this.
  10. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Have heard the term mosaic used in conjunction with leaded glass shades. In fact, there was a company called the Chicago Mosaic lamp Co. that made such. It is not a term heard much these days. Also, the term stained glass is a misnomer. Technically, these are leaded colored glass shades. True stained glass is colored post-production of the actual glass. In common usage, any colored leaded glass has become stained glass.

Chicago Mosaic Lamp Co. :

http://oldlampvalues.com/Chicago_Mosaic_Lamps.html

Definition of stained glass:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/stained-glass

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted