Featured Moriage Vase - was one side redone ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Suzy60us, Jul 10, 2022.

1. Suzy60us

Suzy60us Well-Known Member

This vase looked odd but what the heck the price was right. It is 12" high. Is it possible it was made like this? Notice blue dot on handle, the blue glaze or paint? does not meet the tulip. Of course I just grabbed it and did not notice this until I got home. What do you all think? IMG_4923.JPG IMG_4925.JPG IMG_4926.JPG

2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Probably made like that, they did some whacky items. Night & Day satsuma vases were a thing too, black one side, light the other.

judy, LauraGarnet02 and *crs* like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Very nice, Suzie!

judy and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  4. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

A reversible vase! I have never seen that before.

Now I have to look up the night and day satsuma vases that CE mentioned. I want to see one.:peeking:

judy, johnnycb09, *crs* and 1 other person like this.
  5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Please always show bottoms when asking for help, marked or not :)

6. Suzy60us

judy likes this.
  7. Suzy60us

Thanks to all of you for looking and for your comments.
    Sue

Draft saved Draft deleted