Featured Mom's Vintage Jewelry 2 "safety pin" pieces

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by janettekay, Jul 15, 2021.

1. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Hi all..still going through last of mom's jewelry box. Mostly costume stuff. Found these 2 tiny pins 1" or less ..pearls and blue stone. What were they used for...age? No marks seen.
    Thanks janette pins resized.JPG

Boland, bercrystal, komokwa and 4 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

3. janettekay

4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I learned something new today. Thanks

Bronwen, johnnycb09 and Ownedbybear like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Small antique pins are usually for either lingerie or baby bibs.

Debora

Bronwen, Boland and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

From the days when a lady didn't want her bra strap to show. Whenever that was. Most were costume but every so often you get lucky.

Bronwen likes this.
  7. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Interesting post. Never heard of these pins. Learning alot on this forum. Thanks

Bronwen likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Slip + bra strap. Because a true lady was never without both.

Debora

9. janettekay

Damn...I am not a true lady !!!:eek: Haven't worn a slip for over 30 years...:rolleyes:

Bronwen and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. evelyb30

A slip requires a skirt, right? Or a dress? I wear one to church once in a while, but only do slips with the see-through stuff. Oh yeah, I don't wear that any more.(LOL) If I ever did.

janettekay and Bronwen like this.
  11. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I'm wearing a vintage slip, pink with lace on the bodice & lace with an applique down the front. Of course I wear it as a summer nightgown. I have other white ones that also serve as night wear.

12. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Bronwen, they do make fantastic summer nightgowns. What a great idea. I think I wore a slip under a dress maybe 5 times in my whole life if that much.

13. evelyb30

I used to wear them, when I wore a dress that needed one, but that was only to church if then.

14. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I was a "lady" at one point in my life. :rolleyes::rolleyes: :p I use to have a drawer full of full slips, half slips, camisoles & petit pants in a multitude of colors. :wideyed:

When we moved back in 2013 I cleared out everything. I only own 1 dress & that is my wedding gown which unless I get deathly ill for about 6 months there is no hope of me ever wearing again. :(:( I donated the few skirts & dresses that I did have at that time & also got rid of the shoes that went with them. :happy::happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted