Molded Victorian Style Art Glass Vase, Mexico?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Nov 1, 2016.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Made in Mexico, China or so?

2. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

glass-vase-embossed-crimped-ruffled-rim-12.5-inches.JPG
    RARE Ornate Fenton Embossed Pink Art Glass Ruffled Rim Large Vase 12 3 8" Tall

I can't find the original source for that picture and title. A few dozen people have it pinned on Pinterest. I'll poke around some more to see if I can find the original source or other examples.

Or, hopefully another boardie can verify and give more info.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Fenton very very rarely produced anything with a pontil scar. Very doubtful on a Fenton attribution. I've seen this around in various colors. Once was on the PGP board years back and no attribution was found.

only thing that come up is an old image from that eBay PGP discussion as it looks like older discussions are no longer kept:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    lauragarnet and yourturntoloveit like this.
  4. kardinalisimo

i did not buy it, should i have?

5. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Buy it only if you need a vase for decoration.
    I have a voice in the back back of my head saying recent from Portugal. No reference coming with it.

6. kardinalisimo

I also was suspicious and that't why I did not get it.

7. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Found the original listing still archived on eBay Italy, though it was listed from the USA. It looks like it was listed approx. January 19, 2014 - April 1, 2014 at a Buy It Now $239.99US and did not sell.

Good thing you didn't buy it Kardi.

Maybe someone will find one with an original sticker someday, come back and update, and we can all stash the info in our files, LOL...:joyful:

8. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted