Miscellaneous Pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Danno, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

Here are a few pieces from a large lot of pottery (including two moorcroft pieces) that I purchased for a couple hundred dollars. I believe that first one (first two photos) is from the Han Dynasty. I also assume that the second one is neither very old nor very well done but welcome diasagreement :happy:. I really like the third piece but assume it is not very valuable.

As always, your guidance and insight is very much appreciated!

IMG_2023.JPG IMG_2024.JPG IMG_2014.JPG IMG_2016.JPG IMG_2015.JPG IMG_2025.JPG IMG_2026.JPG

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  2. KentWhirled

KentWhirled Well-Known Member

Any marks on the bottom of the jardiniere? Dimensions? Nice piece. Sorry, I know nothing about ancient Chinese pottery, but it looks cool, too.

3. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

unfortunately no marks. Sorry high gloss finish

IMG_2022.JPG

4. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

The jardiniere is 8" tall with 9" diameter

5. KentWhirled

I'm the nkbest no this was made by one of the companies that made jardinieres and stands (tall pillar stands) that would have a Boston fern or the like flowing out of it in the early 20th c. This has an art nouveau design. Now, the other pottery peeps will have to chime in with those company names as I have forgotten. Weller? RRPC? This one could have been part of a pedestal and jardiniere set, but with the feet of the bottom it may have just been a stand alone piece.

Danno likes this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

The jard is Weller. I found it in my Weller Book but with little info other than size of 9 1/2". They say colored glaze jardiniere. That's it:rolleyes:.

I think yours is prettier. wellerjard.jpg

7. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

Th
    thanks, say. That looks like a match.

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  8. KentWhirled

Well, autocorrect didn't a bad job of correcting my typos! :D:D:D

Draft saved Draft deleted