Mirror Decade Request 191

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by rknarr2, Jul 1, 2023.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I had this mirror. My water tank burst and the mirror was thrown away by the mitigation company because of water damage before I could take dimension and they did not take dimensions either. This is the only picture that mitigation company took. My insurance company has asked me to assign dates to pictures of water damaged items and to submit them for insurance claim. So, I would like to ask what decade do you think this mirror could be from. Thank you for assistance in this request.
    Regards, Rob
    mirror191.jpg

2. rknarr2

Although mitigation company trashed this mirror, I think this may have been part of a chest of drawers, which I have up in my dad's old room. If I take the drawer out and look at the bottom there could be markings on it that will help or gives me the
    date or decade of this mirror.

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

A picture of the dresser will likely be easier to date. It's the frame that will date the piece, not the glass.

komokwa likes this.
  4. rknarr2

The mitigation worker took such a lousy picture of the mirror. Went through the first two side by side drawers and came up empty on information on the bottom of the drawers. I have taken 1 of the 2 bigger drawers out the other one has collapsed and is in the slot diagonally like maybe the runners are unglued and fallen down in the back of the slot. I did find some mice nests and droppings in the drawers. I wished my camera worked and I do not have a phone or iphone to take pictures. I do not have access to a camera or iphone with a camera right now. I have a majority of them are lamps that I have as threads here that I need to identify with decades for me to submit the water damaged decades list to insurance company. I will just have to make up a decade for this mirror. Rob

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. rknarr2

I am just going to guess 1930s for now. Reason because it is between 1920 and 1940. That does not mean I will not change it if someone replies with a better answer. I thank you all who have helped me. Rob

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted