Military Green Metal Trunk Too Ornate - Not Military? Strongbox?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Jul 6, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

This was under a table for years - I also had a aluminum one that I sold at our estate sale over the week-end so I brought this one out (I use them as tables for all the knick knacks etc that I sell on the week-ends) - and at first I thought this was a metal military trunk until I started really looking at it.
    It has extra large corner protectors, it has extra protection to keep top secure with a small hasp-like piece on each side of the top (see above leather handles in 2nd & 3rd photos + last photo), and it even has some small metal bumper(?) on the bottom of it to protect the underside.
    Is this a military trunk? If so what year/period is it from?
    Could it be some kind of strong box or something similar?
    Any information would be greatly appreciated!

FURNITURE TRUNK MILITARY GREEN 1AAA.JPG FURNITURE TRUNK MILITARY GREEN 2AA.JPG FURNITURE TRUNK MILITARY GREEN 2AAA.JPG FURNITURE TRUNK MILITARY GREEN 3AA.JPG FURNITURE TRUNK MILITARY GREEN 4AA.JPG FURNITURE TRUNK MILITARY GREEN 4AAA.JPG FURNITURE TRUNK MILITARY GREEN 5AA.JPG FURNITURE TRUNK MILITARY GREEN 5AAA.JPG FURNITURE TRUNK MILITARY GREEN 6A_AA.JPG FURNITURE TRUNK MILITARY GREEN 6AA.JPG

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  2. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

I had one of these in the 70s--used it as a coffee table. (and of course for storage!) Mine was "army green" ..so I always assumed it was military.

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Looks like a regular trunk in a military style

Draft saved Draft deleted