Mid-Century (maybe) Chalkware Lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ThatOneGuy, Jun 24, 2017.

1. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Member

Hi kids, first off, I'm not certain the lamp belongs in this forum. I picked up a pair of chalkware lamps for $16 at a yard sale last year, after being told by random other pickers there that they are from the 50's. They are near perfect and they work fine. I've been trying to find them online and have literally scrolled through thousands of pictures trying to find them, to no avail. The are 40" tall, 55" with the shades on. Most of the other chalkware I have is signed somewhere. I cannot find anything on these. Can someone point me in the right direction? IMG_3923.JPG IMG_3926.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Show the top of lamp as well if possible, showing the switch and socket. Is anything written on the socket?

I also like to see the chord on a lamp, specifically the plug. Can help with dating.

These are huge lamps! If they have their original shades, by all means include a photo of those as well. Chalkware was certainly popular in the 50's-60's.

These are really unusual. Can't say I've seen another pair.

ThatOneGuy and KingofThings like this.
  3. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Member

IMG_3877.JPG

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Rebecca at the well? need to see socket and plug to date but I am thinking more like 70s-80s than MCM.

komokwa likes this.
  5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Seeing the shades were a help. Hollywood Regency, 1970s plus or minus, I think.

Were the shades always kept in plastic by the former owner? I know that some families did that kind of thing.

(The socket/plug will probably confirm this dating, but once in a while it has lead things to another direction. Just gives that last bit of possible info.)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  6. ThatOneGuy

ThatOneGuy Member

I never got a chance to take pics of the plug and socket because a psychologist from Costa Rica bought them this morning. I made her fully aware that they may not be from the 50s-60s. She didn't care and paid my asking price. Thanks for your help guys.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted