Featured Michael Harris Mdina goblet?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Chinoiserie, Aug 17, 2024.

1. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

I picked this up today. Google suggests it might be Mdina or even Michael Harris. Sadly there is no signature to back this up though. It's about 18cm tall at a guess.

IMG20240817131919_copy_3000x4000.jpg IMG_20240817_132102_copy_3000x4000.jpg IMG20240817131924_copy_3000x4000.jpg IMG20240817131929_copy_3000x4000.jpg

bercrystal, Bronwen, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Absolutely Mdina. Unusual colour, too.

3. Chinoiserie

Thanks Bear. Was concerned it might be a Chinese copy perhaps. I'll put it on that Facebook page and see if they can attribute it to Michael Harris.

bercrystal and Potteryplease like this.
  4. Ownedbybear

I’ve honestly never seen a Mdina copy. And I’ve got a lot of it! The earlier pieces are often not signed.

5. Chinoiserie

Okay that's great. Thanks.

bercrystal likes this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'm probably seeing things but it almost looks like a bit of writing around the edge on the bottom, at the bottom and left side in your photo.

My only Michael Harris piece is from the Isle of Wight time. Rather grand though:)

7. Chinoiserie

Yes it does look like writing but it's sadly not. The pieces signed by Harris seem to go for about 10x the amount that unsigned pieces do.

bercrystal and say_it_slowly like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

They're rare. He didn't sign a lot.

bercrystal and Chinoiserie like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted