Mexican Sterling Bracelet. Help With Blue Stones

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by vitry-le-francois, Oct 30, 2023.

1. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Any idea what these blue stones are? THANKS in advance!

1bracelet1.jpg 1bracelet5.jpg 1bracelet7.jpg 1bracelet8.jpg

Dessert58 and Bronwen like this.
  2. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

They look kinda swirly.
    Glass?

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Ditto.

Figtree3, Bronwen and stracci like this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Glass is a good bet. Is it marked as Mexican?

reader, Figtree3, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  5. vitry-le-francois

vitry-le-francois Well-Known Member

Not marked from Mexico but it was purchased NEAR there, lol. I know, I know...

Lucille.b and komokwa like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Glass for me too. Modern-ish bracelet that wants to be Mexican. I had someone try to sell me a similar piece antique Mexican; the post-1978 stamp said otherwise. I think this and that necklace were 1990s or later.

Dessert58 and Figtree3 like this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I do too. Attractive though.

Debora

8. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Nice piece. Agree on glass but I highly question the Mexican attribution and think it’s newer.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Carefully check the ring and toggle and see if there is a stamp. IMO that piece is new enough that it should be stamped Mexico. The style is certainly correct for Mexico but both Mexico and NA are copied in quality materials in Indonesia. There are many similar on the internet but all I found were stamped Mexico and dated as “pre 2000” which is ebay vintage. Heck even 80s is still 40 plus years old. In my experience which is relatively significant with Mexican jewelry since I collect it on a small scale, there are exceptions to everything but the 70s and earlier cab bracelets are usually tongue and groove-toggles were more commonly used after that.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The Philippines, as far as I know. Some of it also in Thailand and in Turkey, but the Philippines have an NA style industry where they even fake known pieces. Not Filipino-led, I might add, the Filipino craftspeople just do their job without knowing the implications.

reader likes this.
  11. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I have a ring that was given to me. My friend thought it was NA. I know it’s Indonesian or Philippines-forgot about Philippines. I’ll post a pic later. I like it a lot but can’t wear it-just bothers me too much.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted