Mexican redware pottery painted tile - help with signature please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Nov 6, 2016.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This tile is hand painted & is signed in the corner. I was hoping someone could make out the signature for me.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss:

Peggy

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

very nice..

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I keep coming across tiles by someone named Rugario.
    The "R" appears the same as the one on your tile.

5. bercrystal

I keep coming across tiles by someone named Rugario.
    The "R" appears the same as the one on your tile.

Thanks Pat!! :kiss::kiss:

I did see some tiles with that name & was hoping someone else would see what I did, but didn't want to influence anyone. ;);)

There were 2 signatures that seem to sell very well, but the other one started with a U so it was ruled out immediately. :p

Now hopefully Gila, or someone, will be able to tell me if there is a specific name for the bag thing he is carrying. :D:D:D

This was part of large lot of pottery tiles that someone collected from around the world. I sold several with fruits & vegetables to someone at the auction that night for what I paid for the whole lot. I still have 11 more to sell so this will definitely be a good buy, especially because I barely got to glance at them before I bid. ;):D:D:D

Peggy

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Apparently it's from Casa Rugerio in Puebla, México. A well respected ceramic house.

Debora

anundverkaufen likes this.
  7. bercrystal

Apparently it's from Casa Rugerio in Puebla, México. A well respected ceramic house.

Debora

Thanks!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll have another item to post on the greatest finds thread. :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

Peggy

Draft saved Draft deleted