Metal and Small Stones Bracelet Help

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Malkim62, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Malkim62

Malkim62 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. I know very little about jewelry. The seller doesn't know what metal or stones are in this bracelet. These are the only photos I have. I was hoping to get an idea of style and age at least. Thanks for taking a look.

Dale

bracelets1.jpg bracelets2.jpg

KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Palestine, Lebanon, that general region. It looks ca mid-20th century.
    It may not be silver, but you could be lucky.
    Pretty enough though, nice attention to detail. The stones could be turquoise, but could also be imitation. They have a nice variation in colours, but so do some glass copies.
    Pity you don't have more photos, these are good, but we need to see more detail and backs to be more certain.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    Figtree3, KSW and komokwa like this.
  3. Malkim62

Thanks for all that great information. I could probably ask for better photos later. Thanks again. I really appreciate your help.

Dale

KSW and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

So hard to tell from the photos, maybe an odd reflection but this stone (circled top left) almost looks "moonstone-like" although the others look like they could be turquoise OR plastic. Also note at least one of the stones missing, see other circled section.

Going to guess this isn't silver, but as AJ said you could be lucky.

aaedit.jpg

Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Not silver for me either, but you never know.

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is a kind of shading that also occurs in turquoise. And it occurs as a glare in turquoise glass.
    The differences in colour and black spots can also occur in both turquoise glass, which makes it difficult to ascertain what the cabs actually are. Detailed photos would help.

7. George Chaney

George Chaney Well-Known Member

I think the stones are suppose to be turquoise, but as @Any Jewelry said, they could be glass. I've had a couple of bracelets similar in style that were unmarked but tested as solid silver... I think it was 900 or 800, can't recall. If I were looking at it as a "buyer", my initial assumption would be silver based upon the locking pin, but then looking further at the panels, I might hesitate because of the "glossy" look on the panels that could just be lighting, poor photo quality, bad cleaning job etc. Me personally, I would pass on it unless it was cheap. For me, it would be a gamble piece and the missing stone makes me think the stones are glued in.

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. Malkim62

Thanks for all the replies. I will pass on it though. I didn't notice that the seller has 0 feedback. Nothing is worth that risk, to me anyway. Thanks again.

Dale

Draft saved Draft deleted