Featured Meissen vase?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by antiquequeen, Sep 25, 2019.

1. antiquequeen

antiquequeen New Member

In the beginning I would like to say hello to everyone as it is my first post. I came across two meissen vases but I'm not sure if they are original or fake. Will appreciate all kind of help and sugestions what to look for, especially with meisseen.

Thanks
    antiquequeen

top.jpg bottom.jpg

2. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Welcome, antiquequeen :)
    I can't help with id, but I think it is absolutely beautiful:woot:

3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Antiquequeen!

Welcome to Antiquers......

Same as Kyra, I can't say for sure, but agree that it is lovely.

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, antiquequeen.
    It looks like the Meissen mark, but that was also used by others. This is not my area of expertise, the porcelain people will be along later.

5. antiquequeen

antiquequeen New Member

Thank you for such a warm welcome and so many answers. Looking forward to see what they are going so say.

6. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, @antiquequeen! :)
    You’re attitude of “open to not being authentic” is appreciated. NOT saying yours is not authentic, others here know more about that. You just don’t know how many people are unwilling to accept the opinion of repro or fake. :)

8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS, @antiquequeen!! BEAUTIFUL vase!!!! And sorry to say I can't help, but I gather it's a tricky Mark and much copied!!! Best of luck!!

9. antiquequeen

antiquequeen New Member

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. antiquequeen

antiquequeen New Member

If they are fake I can't do anything about it, like many people already mentioned they are still beautiful;) of course it would be beneficial to have real ones - I bought two of them ;)

Jivvy, Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  11. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

I looked at this last night and sort of agree that the swirling upper section is more typical of Sevres than Meissen, i.e. More on the "French" side of things ...IMHO the mark is a bit "off" also for Meissen as I feel these pieces cannot be 18th century examples ...now I see there are another pair "in the wild" so to speak :wideyed: ...my call? German, Dresden-ish, Maybe 19th or even 20thc - High quality, but not Meissen.

I would be surprised if there was an actual Meissen model that looked like this ...but hey, I've been wrong before.

Nice quality though and looks like in perfect shape ..also rather unusual for a few pairs of these to show up undamaged ...unless they are the same ones of course!!:wacky:

<edit> I just saw the sold pair had some losses so can't be the same ones after all.:bag:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  12. alex webb

alex webb Well-Known Member

this is purported to be a marcolini period meissen vase [has a cover]
    [​IMG]

one purported to be meissen on chairish for 400$
    [​IMG]

Jivvy likes this.
  13. antiquequeen

antiquequeen New Member

So actually you think mine are fakes? Mine are bit higher, nearly 14 inches. (Cited from: https://www.antiquers.com/threads/meissen-vase.42110/)

edit: in fact it is the same height.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted