Meissen Mark List

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Tanya, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a good list of Meissen marks? I’m not seeing this mark on the Meissen mark lists or Meissen Fake Marks list.

Many thanks! D07E2215-2509-486D-89A0-27E72BA030AE.jpeg

Ce BCA likes this.
  2. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Generic_Lad, komokwa, Bronwen and 3 others like this.
  3. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

I have not been able to date it more precisely than 1862 -1904.

If anyone has resources related to Brown Westhead Moore & Co imprints (like embossed into the clay) they would be most welcome!

The plate has very little monetary value, I think. It was part of a big box I paid $3 for at an estate sale. But it is old and pretty and if I can learn more I would love to.

Thanks!

4. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

It’s Cauldon England and the name Meissen is just the pattern name nothing to do with Meissen of Germany.

SBSVC and Bakersgma like this.
  5. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Yes, it seems it is madeBrownWesthead Moore & Co , the pattern is Meissen, and the BrownWesthead Moore & Co factory was in Cauldron, England.

John Brassey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted