Meissen - Fake or Real?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brenda M, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Brenda M

Brenda M Member

Hello again! Hoping I can pick your brains on several "Meissen" cups and saucers I purchased at auction. Can you help me determine if they are fakes or the real deal? 20240214_125327.jpg 20240214_125411.jpg

Attached Files:

2. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

i reckon fake, but thats just my opinion, looking closer the paint work is far too shoddy
    20240214_133441.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. charlie cheswick

4. Brenda M

Brenda M Member

Any Jewelry and charlie cheswick like this.
  5. charlie cheswick

Hi brenda

yeah, theres a massive comparison in terms of quality
    yours are nice but meissen are like the Ferrari's of porcelain
    the 4 or so you have bought look to be copies done at around the same time period to imitate

although lovely, they are in no ways the quality you would expect with real meissen pieces

6. Brenda M

Brenda M Member

Thank you Charlie. Oh this is depressing :arghh:

charlie cheswick likes this.
  7. Brenda M

Brenda M Member

Is there a market for reproductions? Or are there higher respected "repros" made by Mottahedeh or the like?

8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

9. Brenda M

Brenda M Member

Well, knowing this will fall into the fake category but "what the heck", here is the last c&s I didn't have room to upload before. Confirmed fake as well?

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted