Medical Book

Discussion in 'Books' started by Stanzerl, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Stanzerl

Stanzerl Active Member

On one of my searches I came across another book, which is "Atlas of Congenital Cardiac Disease" by Maude E. Abbott. This book is part of a limited edition which was re-published in August 1954.

I'm not sure what it is worth right now, but I know, that there has been a new re-published version, which coincides with the 100th anniversary of the the International Academy of Pathology in 2006.

My question is now, if it would make sense to keep the book or sell it. Any feedback is appreciated.
    DSC02817-1.jpg DSC02818-1.jpg DSC02828-1.jpg DSC02830-1.jpg DSC02832-1.jpg DSC02833-1.jpg DSC02834-1.jpg DSC02824-1.jpg DSC02825-1.jpg DSC02826-1.jpg

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

These are the copies of the 1954 edition currently for sale across most book sites other than eBay...

link

As I mentioned in the other thread about a book, there's no guarantee that a book will sell for the asking price, so it can be hard to tell what it's actually worth.

Stanzerl likes this.
  3. Stanzerl

Stanzerl Active Member

I guess I will just keep it for now. I only paid $3.99, so even if it wouldn't be worth anything at all, it wouldn't have been a significant loss. Since all the other books sell for about $90-100ish I guess I didn't do to badly.

Pat P likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

No you didn't .....I'd sell it now !!

Stanzerl likes this.
  5. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Not at all bad. I agree with Komo... unless you really want to keep it, I'd suggest going ahead and sell the book. It just might do well on eBay, and if it doesn't, nothing's lost.

komokwa likes this.
  6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Medical books go out of scope so fast. I wrote one in 1964. It sold over a thousand copies but has not been seen since. I think I still have one. The other 99 were given away.:rolleyes: It was on Arterial Blood Gases.
    greg

7. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Yes, the good 'ole Arterial Blood Gases, aka heartfarts, I guess?

Draft saved Draft deleted