me again? Round 54" table, worth anything?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by GardenMamaJo, Jan 21, 2024.

1. GardenMamaJo

GardenMamaJo New Member

hi again, this was my husbands grandmas table and he's wondering if it's worth anything. I looked it up and seems one that looks very similar is going for thousands on eBay, but still don't know if this one is actually worth any thing. Your help is greatly appreciated =) I want to keep it but it doesn't have the center extension and it's too small for my needs.

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Looks like the finish on top has simply be worn away. I don't think that's any kind of problem with the wood. If you can find a decent woodworker, they could make center extensions. It's mostly a question of matching the wood and finishing the outer edges, then refinishing the table. I doubt it would be difficult but have no idea of the cost.

wlwhittier likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

more than the table's worth....

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

The extra large size would be a detriment to some. I see similar pedestal tables in the thrift stores weekly, going for very little. Scroll down here to see a large solid mahogany table with leaves offered for $100.00. Think it finally went to half price before selling.

Thrift store furniture | Page 2 | Antiques Board (antiquers.com)

Draft saved Draft deleted