MCM Pottery Vase - West Germany

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by verybrad, Jun 24, 2014.

1. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Any idea who made this?

stuff958a.jpg

stuff958b.jpg

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I do believe you found a match, SiS.

4. verybrad

Looks very similar. The texture of the vase seems different but that is not necessarily an issue. I note that the shape of the Y is the same. However, I find that Bay Keramik used the same shape Y. However, the examples on that site for Bay use a W. abbreviation for West. Looks like I have a little more research to do but I think you probably have it.

5. verybrad

This image is from a bay Keramik piece. Note the Y but also note the odd dots here and there in the mark. Mine has some odd dots in the number.

[​IMG]

6. verybrad

Found this attributed to Bay. Now whether the attribution is correct or not, remains to be seen.

[​IMG]

This is the closest I found shape-wise. Also attributed to Bay. Can not find this shape among the E S Keramik pieces on-line.

[​IMG]

7. say_it_slowly

8. verybrad

That is it! The numbers match.

9. verybrad

10. say_it_slowly

That's a great link, I'll stick it on the requests for Davey to add to the locked id thread.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  11. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

good sleuthing there.

Draft saved Draft deleted