Featured MCM Matte Green Teapot, Maker??

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by J Dagger, Aug 7, 2023.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Any idea who may have made this teapot? Offered for auction recently. Don’t see any matches in an image search. It’s 7” tall. Sharp looking imo. 6D26797B-BA18-4CBD-BF2D-9E1F0AC71278.jpeg 393BEFBF-99CB-4C98-AAE1-53EC6E8BB9E9.jpeg F9DA2483-6ADE-43F3-8ECB-F8E0D712F0CE.jpeg

Bronwen, Rclinftl and wlwhittier like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

;)Teapots are "short and stout"

3. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

nice find

J Dagger likes this.
  4. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

5. J Dagger

Sure as heck is! Good eye! I got antsy and posted listing photos before I physically inspected it. I didn’t catch the mark in the photo but now that it’s in hand I’m surprised the seller didn’t mention it. It’s pretty clear. Although they may have not mentioned it because they had no idea who it belonged to. So far I’m coming up short too. “AG”. 0C084EB9-C5BB-498F-9B7B-8D9C7FCC42AE.jpeg

aaroncab, bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

It looks earlier than MCM to be. 30s-40s.

J Dagger likes this.
  7. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

the matte green finish - the age indicators - the shape - it LOOKS like mission arts crafts era to me....

aaroncab and J Dagger like this.
  8. J Dagger

You’re both (Bev & Rcl) right. I was using the listing photo and description in my post. A&C era seems more appropriate.

9. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Dang, I'd like to know who or what AG is. Is it American? It has a slight deco/industrial vibe to it, so I don't think mcm, but I think a little later than arts and crafts/mission. Just my feeling, though.

verybrad and J Dagger like this.
  10. J Dagger

I assume that it is, I have no idea if it actually is though. I’m not all that knowledgeable when it comes to pottery. All I know is that this glaze color is most often associated with the A&C/Mission era (I believe) as the simple clean form could be. You could be right about it being a tad later though. I really don’t know. I sure would like to know who AG is too though.

kentworld likes this.
  11. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Let us know if you find anything more about it!

J Dagger likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted