mcm GLASS stemware purple w/ clear air twist stem

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Steven S., Feb 15, 2018.

1. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

I purchased a large set of these from a mid century estate and I would think from the style they are of that time period. They're quality. These are actually light purple but look off in the photo. Any ideas? Thanks aaarsz_adsc09482_1.jpg aaarsz_adsc09485_1.jpg

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Steven, a LOT of makers produced stemware with "air twist" stems. I've just looked at hundreds of patterns and haven't come up with a match for yours. :(

The bowl on yours is so "square", compared to most I've seen. In addition, there's the color... I just haven't seen it yet with the twist stem. (Are you sure it's purple, not smoke?)

The closest (and I don't think it's a match) was a clear one on Replacements - unfortunately, both maker & pattern are "unknown". Here it is, shown next to yours:

img0 (125).jpg img0 (124).jpg
    glass at right:
    https://www.replacements.com/search/?query="air+twist"+wine+glass

Sorry I didn't have better luck.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    judy, clutteredcloset49 and Bronwen like this.
  3. Steven S.

Steven S. Well-Known Member

I appreciate you trying. The clear goblet looks quite a bit like it. And I understand that this is probably a splinter in a woodpile. They are definitely pale purple and I'll try to add a better pic when there is some daylight (not that it would help). They really seem like the kind of goblets that would have been made in the 70s by a quality company and probably in a few different colors.

judy and SBSVC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted