MCM chairs Wormley for Dunbar

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Moneque Smith, Jan 14, 2024.

1. Moneque Smith

Moneque Smith New Member

Hello Everyone, I have five (5) MCM executive chairs designed by Edward Wormley for the Dunbar Furniture Company (all with original labels attached). They are a restoration project.

Wormley was a prolific designer from the Midwest (IL). He was peers to George Nelson (Herman Miller, Inc.) and Florence Knoll (Knoll, Inc). I understand these may be highly collectible. I’m posting here to inquire regarding the collectibility of Wormley furniture. I appreciate any insights. Thank you in advance for any responses.

komokwa likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Start a new thread on the Furniture FORUM......posting many clear pics and descriptions , and I'm sure the furniture gang will respond in kind !:happy:

This is Introductions......and not all members check this Forum...:rolleyes:;);)

and since it's the Intro thread......

Welcome !!!:)

Moneque Smith likes this.
  3. komokwa

You might want to copy and save this for reference for a while....it helps when you're new!!!:rolleyes:

For Future reference, when posting images:

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    There are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 10 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

Try emailing them to yourself as "medium" size, they should then be under 1 MB!

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

As an added note, when you have your photos LISTED, BUT BEFORE you hit POST, please click on the wording that says to "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS FULL IMAGE" !! That way, we're not clicking on little thumbnails, but get to see all of the images full sized!! Thanks! Remember, it takes a bit for MOST new members to get the hang of it, but it's really quite simple once you get used to it!!!" If you still have questions, DON'T hesitate to ASK!!!!

Any Jewelry, Moneque Smith and Debora like this.
  4. komokwa

True MCM furniture is a growing market ar the moment....
    folks who restore........ much less so !!

5. Moneque Smith

Moneque Smith New Member

Thank you! I’m trying to figure my way around the app. Don’t laugh if you see the same message posted in several forums

6. Moneque Smith

Moneque Smith New Member

Yes, difficulty trying to find a restoration team/person

7. komokwa

yer welcome.....

ummm...we won't laugh......but posting the same item in several different forums...on this site....is highly frowned upon...and can be viewed as spamming....

one thread in the right Forum is all that's needed ........

8. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
  9. Moneque Smith

Moneque Smith New Member

Thank you! This is helpful. I’ve been told prices on the site are not realistic.

10. komokwa

many of the sales there go for under the asking price...

Draft saved Draft deleted